Yard and Garden Waste
Households throughout the RDN have found backyard composting an easy way to turn yard and garden waste into an organic material that can be reapplied to the soil. For people who have green waste they can't compost or recycle, here are some options.
Self Haul - Take your yard and garden waste (fees apply) to:
Scheduled and on-call collection services
- Regional Landfill - 1105 Cedar Road, Nanaimo, (250) 722-2044
- Church Road Transfer Station - 860 Church Road, Parksville (250) 248-5254
- Nanaimo Recycling Exchange - 2477 Kenworth Road, Nanaimo (250) 758-7777
- DBL Disposal Services Ltd - 911 Church Rd, Parksville (250) 248 3693
- Pacific Coast Waste Management (PCWM) – 4299 Biggs Road, Nanaimo, (250) 756-0773
- DBL Disposal – 3333 Tenth Street, Nanaimo, (250) 741-8923
- Alpine Disposal and Recycling – 2250 McGarrigle Road, Nanaimo, (250) 751-1089
- Businesses offering scheduled or on-call collection include:
Please contact the businesses directly to enquire if they provide service to your area. Their fees and collection programs will vary.
If you are a business operator providing a yard and garden waste collection service or know a business that does, particularly in areas outside the City of Nanaimo, please contact RDN Solid Waste Services at 1-877-607-4111 for a listing on the RDN website.