Oceans Day 2017 - Descanso Bay Regional Park
at Descanso Bay Regional Park
Sunday June 11th, 2017 | 1 - 4pm
Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet
Celebrate and learn about our marine environment by spending an active and educational afternoon at Descanso Bay Regional Park on Gabriola Island on Sunday June 11th. This is the ninth annual Oceans Day held in the park featuring:
- an interactive killer whale skeleton*
- sea life touch tanks
- marine information booths
- arts and crafts, storytelling and face painting
- talk to marine biologists about their work and peer through microscopes at the wonders of sea life
- bring a picnic and enjoy some time at the beach with friends and family
* Build-A-Whale is an interactive program that aims to educate participants about marine biology, anatomy, evolutionary science and conservation. The program is hands-on and engaging as the audience assists in constructing the skeleton of an offshore killer whale and participating in several fun educational activities and games. For more information please Click Here
Oceans Day is sponsored by the Regional District of Nanaimo, Fisheries and Oceans Canada and Coastal Community Credit Union.
For more information please call the park office on Gabriola at 250-247-8255.