Baynes Sound Investments Development Application
Click Here to Enlarge
The Regional District of Nanaimo (RDN) will not be proceeding with an amendment to the Regional Growth Strategy (RGS). On October 22, 2013, the RDN Board moved to withdraw support for the Baynes Sound Investments Ltd application to amend the RGS and Electoral Area 'H' Official Community Plan (OCP) to create a new Rural Village Centre in Deep Bay.
The applicant did not provide all the necessary information for consultation by their date of July 31, 2013. A second September 19, 2013 deadline established by the RDN Board was also missed. The Board has directed staff to discuss options with the applicant about developing the site consistent with RGS and OCP direction.
Information on this website relating to this application is for archival and research purposes.
- The application included approximately 138 hectares of land (of which 76 hectares is proposed to be developed) in the unincorporated community of Deep Bay within Electoral Area 'H' of the Regional District of Nanaimo [ Click Here to See Map ]
- At build out, the application proposed to provide:
- 386 residential units consisting of single family detached units, single family attached units, multi family units and senior's housing units;
- 6,975 square meters of commercial land with a 1,254 square meter building footprint;
- 292 RV units spaces with 222 back in units and 70 pull through lots along with a full range of amenities to support the RV Resort including a clubhouse with pool, laundry facilities, small convenience store, general office, lap pool, golf green, play facilities, secured pet areas, washroom facilities, horseshoes, tennis, basketball, badminton and bocce ball;
- 41 hectares of the total development was proposed to be preserved in parkland/open space/conservation/ and community gardens, comprising of over 50% of the total site developable area; and,
- the proposed development was intended to be serviced by a community water and sewer system.
For more information on the application as submitted to the RDN please click here