Advanced Voting Places
2003 Electoral Area A By-Election
Advance Voting Places
Advance voting opportunities shall be open between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 and Wednesday, May 28, 2003, to qualified electors, for the position of Electoral Area Director for Area 'A' at the RDN Administration Office, 6300 Hammond Bay Road, Nanaimo, BC.
Qualifications to Vote at an Advanced Poll
The only persons permitted to vote at the Advance Poll are those who, being duly qualified electors, sign a statement that:
- the elector expects to be absent from the Regional District of Nanaimo for which the election is going to be held on General Voting Day;
- the elector, for reasons of conscience, will be unable to vote on General Voting Day;
- the elector will be unable to attend a Voting Place on General Voting Day for reasons beyond his/her control;
- the elector has a physical disability or is a person whose mobility is impaired;
- the elector is a Candidate or Candidate representative;(f) the elector is an Election Official.
Persons qualifying as "Resident Electors" who will be applying to register at the time of voting must provide at least two documents verifying the elector's identity, with at least one containing the elector's signature, such as a Drivers License. If the voter does not have a second piece of identification, a solemn declaration will be accepted as a second piece of identification. The voter must sign a solemn declaration stating their name and residential address.
Persons qualifying as "Non-Resident Property Electors" who will be applying to register at the time of voting, must complete an application form, must provide at least two documents that provide evidence of the applicants identity and must provide a copy of land title registration or tax notice which provides proof of ownership. At least one of the documents must contain the applicant's signature, such as a Drivers License.
Further information may be obtained by contacting Carol Mason, Chief Election Officer, or Maureen Pearse, Deputy Chief Election Officer, at 390-4111 or Toll Free at 1-877-607-4111 or visit our website at www.rdn.bc.ca.
Return to Election Contents