Bowser Village Centre Wastewater Project
The “Petition to Establish a Sewer Service Area in Part of Electoral Area H” is now closed. The results of the petition will be released and posted on this webpage once they have been verified. Please check back for project updates.
This page contains the most current information about the Bowser Village Centre Wastewater Project. Updates will be posted here as they become available.
August 14, 2017 Project Update
- The "Petition to Establish a Sewer Service Area in Part of Electoral Area H" closed at 4:30 pm on August 11, 2017. The results of the petition will be released and posted on this webpage once they have been verified.
- There are no further office hours for the Bowser Village Centre Wastewater Project scheduled at the RDN's Bowser Office (Room 204, Magnolia Court) at this time. Please direct enquiries to the contacts listed below.
August 10, 2017 Project Update
Bowser Office Hours will be extended to Friday, August 11 from 9:30am to 3:30pm. RDN staff will be available to discuss the project and will accept any completed petitions within the submission period to the Corporate Officer.
If you are a property owner within the Bowser Village Center and you intend to submit a Petition Response, all three pages of the Petition along with the signatures of the majority of the property owners must be submitted. Other submission options include:
- Email your completed petition by 4:30pm to email@example.com
- Fax your completed petition by 4:30pm to 250-390-1542
- Return in-person to the Regional District of Nanaimo main office by 4:30pm, located at 6300 Hammond Bay Road Nanaimo, BC V9T 6N2 (2nd Floor)
August 1, 2017 Project Update
- Following the recently held Public Information Meetings, we have received a number of questions which are addressed in the following handouts. Please read:
- Bowser Village Center Wastewater Newsletter No.2 provides an update, in which it outlines the proposed cost recovery approach, cost breakdown and petition process.
Establishing sewer servicing for the Bowser Village Centre in order to support the community's evolution into a "compact, complete community" is supported by the Bowser Village Centre Plan (2010)
and RDN Rural Village Centre Study (2013)
. A Federal Gas Tax Grant funded wastewater servicing study for the area was initiated in 2014 with engineering consultant Stantec and is currently in its final stages. In March 2017, the Bowser Village Wastewater project was awarded funding under the Clean Water and Wastewater Fund for 'Bowser Sewer Servicing' at a maximum federal/provincial contribution of $7,590,328. Urban Systems has been retained by the RDN to advise on the process to establish the Service Area and elector approval for borrowing for the construction of the Treatment Plant, Collection System and Outfall.
Visit the Bowser Village Wastewater Project History page for further information and resources about the project.
Please direct any questions about this project to:
For more information about community planning in the Bowser area, visit the Area 'H' Official Community Plan Review