Stay informed and get involved
This website will be updated throughout the project, so check back here to stay informed. Click here to sign up for email alerts
when new content is added about this OCP review project.
You can also follow the RDN on Twitter and Facebook where news is posted about things going on in all of the RDN.
Have your say and submit comments online, attend public meetings, visit our Area OCP office in Bowser, or send us an email or letter.
We will use a series of online surveys as one way of getting input from the community on a variety of topics for the OCP Review. The first survey was open from January 14 to February 10 and is now closed. A report on the survey response has been created and you can click to open it below.
Bowser office hours will be cancelled for the holidays on December 27 and January 3
The RDN Planner holds office hours for the project on Tuesdays from 9:15 12:00 upstairs at Magnolia Court. Please drop in to find out more about the project or tell us your views about the Community Plan, or make an appointment for another time outside of these hours.
- March 23, 2017 - Next Working Group Meeting on April 4 on the ALR Preliminary Boundary Analysis More >>>
- March 17, 2017 Next Working Group meeting March 22 on the Active Transportation Plan More >>>
- December 14, 2016 Bowser Office Hours cancelled December 22 and January 3 More >>>
- November 7, 2016 presentations and handouts from the Development Forum are now posted More >>>
- October 27, 2016 - Agenda for the November 1 Development Forum is now posted More >>>
- September 23, 2016 - Report on the Deep Bay Workshop is now posted More >>>
- September 8, 2016 - A Participants Guide for the Deep Bay Workshop has been posted. More >>>
- August 8, 2016 - the Deep Bay Workshop has been scheduled for the afternoon of Saturday, September 17. More >>>
- June 27, 2016 - Info sheets on Sewage Disposal and Alternative Subdivision Design are posted. More >>>
- June 21, 2016 - Active Transportation Plan website and interactive map is launched and we are seeking your input!
- June 17, 2016 - Bowser Office hours on Tuesday, June 21 are cancelled. More >>>
- May 10, 2016 - mark your calendars for our next Open House on Wednesday, June 22 at the Legion. Check out our Schedule of Events page for details. More >>>
- April 25, 2016 - details of May 3 open house with kids activities are posted. More >>>
- April 6, 2016 - Draft meeting record from March 15 Working Group meeting are now posted. More >>>
- March 15, 2016 - The first Working Group meeting was held of March 1, see agenda, reference materials and meeting notes. More >>>
- February 22, 2016 Report on Community Input received at the February 3 meeting now posted. More >>>
- February 5, 2016 Report on Community Meeting evaluations is now posted More >>>
- January 29, 2016 Report on preliminary survey input released More >>>
- January 14, 2015 first OCP survey for preliminary input is live.
- First Community Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 3 from 6:30 pm 9:00 pm at the Lighthouse Community Hall. More >>>
- December 15, 2015 - project website launched
Questions and comments can be directed to:
Courtney Simpson, Senior Planner
RDN Strategic and Community Development Department
Toll Free: 1-877-607-4111
Mail to: Regional District of Nanaimo|
Strategic and Community Development Department
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo BC V9T 6N2