Student Art Contest - Water Day in Parksville
Encourage your students to care more about freshwater!
In the lead up to Water Day on March 12th in Parksville, your class has a chance to participate in the RDN’s prize draw and activities to promote understanding & caring about our drinking water!
Open to all grades – Kindergarten to Gr. 12
3 WAYS TO ENTER THE DRAW...
- COLOURING SHEET! (Grades K-5 only)
- Water Journey: Well Water Source
- Water Journey: Surface Water Source - (applicable to Parksville).
- POSTER! - Draw or depict where your drinking water comes from and/or what you do to protect or conserve freshwater.
- PHOTO! - Communicate the value of fresh water and/or what you do to protect or conserve water - must be taken locally.
ENTRIES WILL BE DRAWN AT WATER DAY FOR THREE GRAND PRIZES:
Kids Fishing Rod Package | River Rafting Adventure | Class Water Sample Kit
- Submit students’ art by March 3, 2017, making sure each of their names are clearly printed on their submissions and the class/school is identified.
- Submissions should be sent to Team WaterSmart c/o Regional District of Nanaimo, 6300 Hammond Bay Road, Nanaimo BC, V9T 6N2 or via email email@example.com
- Original artwork should be submitted to display at the March 12th Parksville Water Day event, where the draw winner will be announced!
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the colouring sheet or call (250) 390 6544 if you have any questions about this contest.
- Optional: invite Team WaterSmart to your classroom to launch the contest and give a brief presentation on local water. Classroom visits will be booked for mid-February on a first come first served basis.
- Colouring Sheets can be printed off via the links above (as well as emailing or calling the RDN Offices).
Brought to you by the Regional District of Nanaimo's Drinking Water & Watershed Protection program partners:
City of Nanaimo, City of Parksville, Arrowsmith Watersheds Coalition Society, Town of Qualicum Beach