Building & Bylaw ServicesCorporate Services Current PlanningDrinking Water & Watershed ProtectionEconomic DevelopmentEmergency ServicesEnergy & SustainabilityGIS/MappingLong Range PlanningParksRecreationRegional TransitSolid Waste and RecyclingWastewater ServicesWater & Utility ServicesServices by Others
Request for Proposals
Professional Engineering Services For Marine Drive Watermain Replacement
BackgroundThe existing 100mm diameter AC watermain along Marine Drive was installed about 44 years ago, and is nearing the end of its expected lifespan. In addition, the line is undersized for fire flows. The purpose of the Request For Proposals (RFP) is to obtain proposals to provide engineering design, tendering, and contract administration services for the replacement of watermain along Marine Drive in the Nanoose Bay Peninsula Water Service Area.
- Professional Engineering Services For Marine Drive Watermain Replacement
Filename File Size (mb) Modified Marine Drive Watermain Replacement RFP 0.96 MB Feb 21, 2017
- Review all available record drawings and perform a detailed topographic survey of the pertinent area to confirm the record drawings and provide a base plan for design.
- The existing AC main will be removed and replaced with a new PVC main in the existing trench.
- Provide a preliminary design memorandum, including design criteria, a Class C construction estimate, and preliminary drawings to RDN staff for review and approval prior to continuing with detailed design.
- Prepare detailed design drawings and specifications for tendering purposes.
- Provide the detailed design drawings and specification to RDN staff for review prior to tendering.
- Prepare and submit an application for works within the highway right-of-way to MOTI on behalf of the RDN.
- Prepare and submit an application for a Water System Supply Construction Permit to Island Health on behalf of the RDN.
- Prepare tender documents in the latest MMCD format and manage the tender process, including aiding the RDN in posting the tender, responding to tenderer questions, preparing any required addenda, receiving and reviewing tenders, and preparing a recommendation for award.
- Prepare construction contract documents in the latest MMCD format, including any required supplementary conditions and specifications.
- Manage the construction contract, including, but not limited to, progress payments, change orders, inspections, materials testing, shop drawing reviews, and substantial and final completion certificates.
- Assume a 4 week construction schedule with daily site visits.
- Materials testing to be included as part of the engineering services contract.
- Prepare record drawings for the project and submit 2 full size copies, 2 half size copies, and an electronic (.pdf) copy to the RDN.
- Prepare and submit a project record package including photos, test results, and inspection reports to the RDN.
Closing:3 complete hard copies plus 1 electronic (CD or USB key) copy prepared in .pdf format of each Response must be received before 2:00 PM Pacific Time on March 14th, 2017
Regional District of Nanaimo
Regional and Community Utilities
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6N2
Gerald St. Pierre, P.Eng., PMP
Project Engineer Water and Utility Services