RDN long-term plans provide vision and guidance on a variety of key activities. The RDN's central planning document is the Board Strategic Plan, which is revised every three years to reflect current and emerging strategic priorities for the region.
Other key long-term plans such as Regional Growth Strategy and Official Commnity Plans, the Liquid and Solid Waste Management Plans, and the Emergency Plan, are also updated occasionally to keep pace with the region's changing needs and to maintain consistency with the Board Strategic Plan.
In recent years the Board has also developed a variety of innovative new plans to respond to new and emerging trends - such plans have included the Drinking Water Protection Action Plan, and the Green Building Action Plan.
- 2013 - 2015 Board Strategic Plan
- 2010 - 2012 Board Strategic Plan
- 2006 - 2009 Board Strategic Plan
- Regional Growth Strategy
- Official Community Plans
- Liquid Waste Management Plan
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Drinking Water and Watershed Protection Action Plan
- Emergency Plan
- Electoral Area A Recreation and Culture Services Master Plan
- Recreation Services Master Plan for Oceanside
- Regional Parks & Trails System Plan
- Green Building Action Plan