Building & Bylaw ServicesCorporate Services Current PlanningDrinking Water & Watershed ProtectionEconomic DevelopmentEmergency ServicesEnergy & SustainabilityGIS/MappingLong Range PlanningParksRecreationRegional TransitSolid Waste and RecyclingWastewater ServicesWater & Utility ServicesServices by Others
Community Parks and Trails Strategic Plan (CPTS)
For communities between Nanoose Bay and Bowser (Electoral Areas E, F, G, H)Public demand for better parks and trails has grown. A strong strategic plan ensures that the community park and trails meet the needs of each community.
The goals of the CPTS are to:
- Connect people and places
- Provide social and recreation opportunities
- Protect the environment
- Support community partnerships
- Build trails that provide various options for travel.
- Provide outdoor spaces for recreation and events.
- Provide information on community parks and trails.
- Protect the environment and culturally sensitive parks and trails.