Links & ResourcesSustain the land, save landfill space
Where to take excess yard and garden waste for disposal
If you have excess yard and garden waste or bag your lawn clippings, you can dispose of them at the following locations (fees apply):
- Regional Landfill
1105 Cedar Road, Nanaimo
- Church Road Transfer Station
860 Church Road, Parksville
Composting Links and Resources
The following is a sampling of composting websites. Check them out, and if you find other useful sites, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Composting Council of Canada (www.compost.org) - The website's Communications and Education Initiatives section provides tips and resources on backyard composting, worm composting and grasscycling.
- Nova Scotia Resource Recovery Board (www.putwasteinitsplace.ca) - The site provides nine plans and instructions on building a home composter.
- How to Compost.org (www.Compost.org) - The site provides extensive information on all aspects of composting.
- Compostworms.ca (www.compostworms.ca) - This site operated by a Maple Ridge, BC company offers a mail order service for purchasing compost worms.
- City Farmer (www.cityfarmer.org) - This site provides photo guides to backyard composting and worm composting.
- A simple guide to home composting