The Regional District of Nanaimo (RDN) is revising its Liquid Waste Management Plan (LWMP) and invites residents to take part in the next phase of the project. Residents can learn about the LWMP amendment at virtual and in-person information sessions and open houses, attend SepticSmart workshops and participate in a survey in May and June.
The LWMP is the RDN’s long-range plan to manage the region's wastewater. It allows the RDN to apply community-driven solutions to wastewater management goals. The purpose of the LWMP amendment is to:
- Continue protecting human health and the environment through the latest best practices
- Build on LWMP successes and set new action items to reflect current priorities
- Update Nanoose Bay Capital Plan projects
- Propose a new timeline for secondary treatment at the Nanoose Bay Pollution Control Centre
- Outline revised cost estimates and the borrowing needed to implement LWMP projects