Oceans Day 2019 – Descanso Bay Regional Park – Gabriola Island
Sunday, June 9th, 1-4pmTogether we can protect and restore our ocean!
Come join in the Oceans Day festivities at Descanso Bay Regional Park with art and music in the Park. Learn about our marine environment by spending an active, educational afternoon at the beach.
- Interact with sea animals in live touch tanks.
- Talk to marine biologists about their work and the wonders of the sea.
- Make your own fish print.
- Check out the interactive information booths about ocean conservation.
- Listen to live music by the Mount Benson Ceili Band.
- Enjoy a picnic and time at the beach with friends and family.
Make it a complete outdoor adventure by walking or cycling to the park - the park is only 1.5 km from the ferry terminal. Or come camping with us for the weekend at Descanso Bay Regional Park!
Oceans Day is sponsored by the Regional District of Nanaimo, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, GROWLS and World Fisheries Trust.
For more information please call the Park office on Gabriola at 250-247-8255.