RDN Water Service Area - Watering RestrictionsThis webpage is dedicated to RDN Water Service Area Customers only. This includes the neighbourhoods of Surfside/McFeely Drive, Whiskey Creek, Melrose Road, River's Edge, French Creek- Sandpiper, San Pareil, Bissel Road/Pylades Drive, and Nanoose Bay Peninsula (Fairwinds, Garry Oaks, Red Gap, Beachcomber, Madrona Point and Wall Beach).
- Private wells are not subject to municipal watering restrictions.
A centralized website with an interactive web map is available via for residents and visitors to the region who are unfamiliar with where they reside.
On April 1, customers in the RDN water services areas will be in Stage 1 watering restrictions. This means that sprinkling can only occur between the hours of 7 pm and 7 am, on any day of the week, for any duration. Hand-watering, drip irrigation and micro irrigation can be applied at any time. Vegetable and food gardens are exempt from the restrictions.
- A person may water vegetable gardens or fruit trees any day at any time.
- Hand-watering is exempt from watering restrictions, but must be done using a hand-held container or a hose equipped with a shutoff device.
- Micro irrigation and drip irrigation are exempt from watering restrictions, but must deliver irrigation water to the root zone of the plant and use less than 20 gallons per hour at less than 25 PSI. This does NOT include soaker hoses.
- Washing vehicles, boats, and houses (siding) must be done using a hand-held container or a hose equipped with a shutoff device.
- Commercial enterprises (i.e. power washing and window washing companies, nurseries, tree farms, etc) are exempt from watering restrictions.
- Commercial property owners may vary hours of water use with written permission from the Manager of Water Services.
- Public service premises and utilities may vary hours of use as required to accomplish maintenance and upkeep of public installations.
- School and municipal playing fields may vary hours of use as required to accomplish maintenance and upkeep of fields.
- If hot, dry, summer conditions persist and water sources are showing signs of stress, the Manager of Water Services will direct RDN water service customers to Stage 3 or Stage 4 Watering Restrictions. You will be notified by a combination of radio ads, newspaper ads, website ads, social media, roadside signage, and flyers if the water conservation stage becomes more stringent.
- Please contact RDN Water & Utility Services at 1-877-607-4111 if you require further information.