Yard and Garden Waste
Households throughout the RDN have found backyard composting an easy way to turn yard and garden waste into an organic material that can be reapplied to the soil. For people who have green waste they can't compost or recycle, here are some options.
Self Haul - Take your yard and garden waste (fees apply) to:
- Regional Landfill - 1105 Cedar Road, Nanaimo, (250) 722-2044
- Church Road Transfer Station - 860 Church Road, Parksville (250) 248-5254
- DBL Disposal Services Ltd - 911 Church Rd, Parksville (250) 248 3693
- Pacific Coast Waste Management (PCWM) – 4299 Biggs Road, Nanaimo, (250) 756-0773
- DBL Disposal – 3333 Tenth Street, Nanaimo, (250) 741-8923
- Alpine Disposal and Recycling – 2250 McGarrigle Road, Nanaimo, (250) 751-1089
- Sharecost Rentals & Sales - 1716 Northfield Road, (250) 758-2401
- Community Composting Call 1-877-954 7645
- Emterra Environmental Call (250) 716-3340
- Lentz Contracting Ltd. Call (250) 616-8191
If you are a business operator providing a yard and garden waste collection service or know a business that does, particularly in areas outside the City of Nanaimo, please contact RDN Solid Waste Services at 1-877-607-4111 for a listing on the RDN website.