RDN ParksThe RDN is fortunate to have a comprehensive Regional and Community Parks and Trails System. With 12 Regional Parks encompassing 2,061 hectares of land, 60 kilometres of developed Regional Trail, and over 180 Community Parks in the seven Electoral Areas, there is plenty of opportunity for residents and guests to enjoy the benefits of having nature close at hand.
Our Parks System ranges from oceanfront, lakefront & riverside properties and all the way up to alpine terrain on mountain tops. The RDNâs Regional Trails include front county and back country experiences and has numerous pedestrian bridges that span the many rivers and creeks that are situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island.
Please try out the new Interactive Parks and Trails Finder
So come on out and explore our outdoors!
- Es-hw Sme~nts Community Park Dedication & Open House
- RDN 50th Anniversary & Coombs to Parksville Rail Trail Opening Celebration
- UPDATE â Draft Plan Review, Feedback, and Open House â Beachcomber Regional Park Management Plan 2017-2027
- Notice - Temporary Closure of RDN Trails is Lifted
- Campfire Ban Lifted at Horne Lake Regional Park and Descanso Bay Regional Park
- Little Qualicum River Regional Park - Bridge Removal Project
- Coombs to Parksville Rail Trail - Updates & Status
- Request for Proposals - Horne Lake Regional Trail - Geological Engineering Review and Assessment
- Temporary Closure to Whalebone Community Park - Beach Access Stairs
- Campfires Banned at Horne Lake Regional Park and Descanso Bay Regional Park Campgrounds
- Blueback Community Park Construction Notice
- Fairwinds Lakes District Regional Park Management Plan 2015-2025