Wastewater ServicesStreet LightingEnglishman River Water ServiceWater & Utility ServicesDrinking Water & Watershed ProtectionCorporate Services GIS/MappingFinanceFire ProtectionEconomic DevelopmentRegional TransitSolid Waste and RecyclingRecreationParksBuilding & Bylaw ServicesEmergency ProgramCurrent PlanningLong Range PlanningEnergy & Sustainability
Residential Electric Vehicle Charging StationThis program enables residents to install a residential Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Station, providing immediate emission reductions and encouraging clean energy vehicle deployment in the Regional District.
How to Receive Your RebateTo qualify for this rebate, residents must purchase and install an eligible Level 2 residential EV charging station. A list of eligible EV charging stations can be found here.
Residents will be required to submit:
- A copy of the receipt for the purchase of a qualifying Level 2 EV charging station
- Proof of installation of the charging station. This could be a copy of documentation from the Province showing that the Provincial LiveSmart rebate application was approved OR a copy of the receipt for the installation of the charging station
- Name of purchaser/homeowner
- Address of the project where the electric vehicle charging station is installed
- Address to which your rebate cheque will be sent (if different)
Residential EV Charging StationTerms & Conditions
c/o Sustainability Coordinator
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6N2
- Purchases of eligible products or services must be made after Program start date of December 1, 2011.
- Residents must have purchased an eligible Level 2 EV Charging station to qualify for this incentive.
- See the complete list of Green Building Program Terms and Conditions.
LinksAdditional incentives for both the purchase of electric vehicles and the installation of electric vehicle charging stations are available through the Provincial Clean Energy Vehicle (CEV) Program.
A list of eligible EV charging stations can be found here.