Wastewater ServicesStreet LightingEnglishman River Water ServiceWater & Utility ServicesDrinking Water & Watershed ProtectionCorporate Services GIS/MappingFinanceFire ProtectionEconomic DevelopmentRegional TransitSolid Waste and RecyclingRecreationParksBuilding & Bylaw ServicesEmergency ProgramCurrent PlanningLong Range PlanningEnergy & Sustainability
Descanso Bay Regional Parkclick here.
Reservations and Information:To make a reservation please call 250-247-8255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (starting May 1st to September 30th). There is no reservation fee.
Camping Fees(All Fees and Charges at Descanso Bay Regional Park are on a Cash Only basis)
High Season (April to September)
Off-season (October to March)
- All sites: $17.00 per night
- Extra vehicle: $8.50 per night
Non-profit youth group camping rate: $2.50 per head per night
- All sites: $10 per night
- Extra vehicle: $5 per night
- Reservations guarantee a campsite but, best efforts aside, not necessarily your choice of campsite.
- Maximum 4 adults (18 yrs and over) per site and 8 people total. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Maximum per site: 1 vehicle with a trailer or an RV; or 1 vehicle with up to 2 tents. Extra vehicle charge applies.
- Dogs must be on leash including at campsites. Please pick up after your dog; deposit doggie-do bags into garbage dumpster.
- Quiet time is enforced from 11 pm to 7 am. Generator run times are restricted to mid-day. At no time are disturbances accepted.
- Alcohol is restricted to campsites; disruptive behaviour is not tolerated.
- Campfires are permitted in campsite fire rings only. Please do not leave fires unattended, and do not cut or remove any underbrush, branches, shrubs or trees for use in a fire or for roasting food. Firewood may be purchased at the park.
- Potable water is available throughout the park. Please do not wash at the water taps, leave taps running or waste water. NB: the sodium levels in the park water are higher than those recommended in the Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines for persons on a severely sodium-restricted diet. For the average person, sodium levels are well within acceptable limits.
- Park flora and fauna are protected. Please leave the trees, plants, flowers, sea weed and shells as they are: they are not surplus but each performing an important role in the park's ecosystem.
Park Use Regulation
Descanso Bay Regional Park is governed by RDN Park Use Regulation Bylaws 1399 and 1399.01. Click here to view and print a copy of the Bylaws.
Park Use Permits
A permit is required for special use of a Regional District of Nanaimo Park. Special uses include but are not limited to events, commercial recreation, filming and research. Click here to view the Park Use Permit Application Form.
Water System Annual Reports
- 2016 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2015 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2014 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2013 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2012 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2011 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park