Camping at Descanso Bay Regional Park
Reservations can be made up to 120 days in advance, from April 1 to October 15. Sites 1 - 6a and 24 are open from October 16 to March 31 on a first come, first serve basis.
Descanso Bay Regional Park on Gabriola Island is located a short distance from the ferry terminal and is an ideal location for discovering all Gabriola has to offer. This 40-acre oceanfront park has a family-friendly campground that offers private, un-serviced, wooded sites and is easily accessible by vehicle, foot, bike, or kayak. Wander or bike along an established network of trails through the majestic forest setting of Cox Community Park located next door and explore the unique sandstone ocean shoreline in your own kayak or rent one at the park.
Making a Campsite Reservation
- For more information please contact the park operator at 250-248-0500 or descansobay [at] rlcparks.ca.
- Reservations for campsites at Descanso Bay Regional Park can be made up to 120 days (approximately 4 months) in advance, from April 1 to October 15. Reservations are recommended during the high season as there are limited drop-in sites available for first-come, first-served guests. The maximum stay is fourteen (14) nights.
- Reservation Fee (non-refundable) - $6 per campsite, per night, to a maximum of $18, plus tax.
- A maximum of five (5) sites may be booked with one reservation.
- Statutory Holiday Weekends - A minimum three-night stay is required.
(When the holiday falls: on a Friday - the minimum stay is Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights; on a Monday - the minimum stay is Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights; on any other day - no minimum stay applies.)
- Minimum two-night stay if booking a Saturday in July and August.
- Camping fees include parking for one vehicle. An additional vehicle may be parked onsite for an additional fee of $11.50 per night.
- Please review the campground rules prior to making a reservation.
- Make an online campsite reservation now.
Full payment is required at the time you make your reservation or change an existing reservation. All reservations must be paid with a credit card.
High Season: April 1 - October 15 (reservations recommended)
Small sites (bike in) - $20 per night, plus tax
Large sites (vehicles accessible) - $23 per night, plus tax
Reservation fee (non-refundable) - $6 per campsite, per night, to a maximum of $18, plus tax
Extra vehicles - $11.50 per night, plus tax
A minimum three-night stay is required on statutory holiday weekends.
A minimum two-night stay is required if booking a Saturday in July and August.
Low Season: October 16 - March 31 (no reservations)
Sites 1 through 6a and 24 - OPEN on a first-come, first-served basis
Sites 7 through 32 - CLOSED
All sites - $10 per night, plus tax
Extra vehicles - $5 per night, plus tax
- Campsite reservation changes can be made by email at descansobay [at] rlcparks.ca. Changes are not accepted online or by telephone.
- There is a non-refundable transaction fee of $10 for each reservation change.
- Date changes need to be made at least seven (7) days prior to your arrival date.
- After a date change has been made, the reservation can no longer be canceled.
- All date-change requests are dependent on availability.
Cancellations / Refunds
- Cancellations can be made by email at descansobay [at] rlcparks.ca
- Bookings canceled within a week (7) days of scheduled arrival date: no refund.
- The booking fee is non-refundable ($6/night for the first 3 nights). Site fees are fully refundable if made 30 days or more prior to check-in. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to check-in are subject to a one-night fee except cancellations made seven days or less prior to check-in are non-refundable.
- Refunds are not given for an eviction, vacating your campsite early, or inclement weather.
Check-in time: 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. Check-out time: before 11 a.m.
Please call 250-247-8255 if you need to check in late. If you do not show up on the day of your reservation or provide notice of your late arrival, your site will be held until 11:00 a.m. the following morning. After that time your reservation is forfeited.