The RDN is fortunate to have a comprehensive Regional and Community Parks and Trails System. With 12 Regional Parks encompassing 2,072 hectares of land, 78 kilometres of developed Regional Trails, and over 200 Community Parks in the seven Electoral Areas, there is plenty of opportunity for residents and guests to enjoy the benefits of having nature close at hand.
Our Parks System ranges from oceanfront, lakefront & riverside properties and all the way up to alpine terrain on mountain tops. The RDN’s Regional Trails include front county and back country experiences and has numerous pedestrian bridges that span the many rivers and creeks that are situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island.
Please try out the Interactive Parks and Trails Finder
So come on out and explore our outdoors!
- Oceans Day at Descanso Bay Regional Park
- Notice of Temporary Detour - Ammonite Falls Regional Trail
- Mount Benson Regional Park - Notice of Ongoing Construction
- Top Bridge Regional Trail – Notice of Partial Closure
- Notice of Improvements - TCT Timberlands Rd Parking Lot and Access Trail
- Coombs to Parksville Rail Trail - Updates & Status (Updated - May 3rd, 2019)
- Benson Creek Falls Regional Park Access Improvements Project - Now Underway!
- Open House for Jack Bagley Community Park Redevelopment Planning