Note: Private wells are not subject to municipal watering restrictions, but conservation is encouraged because water is a shared resource.
CLICK HERE to see the July 24th 2019 Regional Drought Summary, which compiles information on local groundwater, snowpack, streamflow and fire risk monitoring in our region.
2019 Watering Restrictions
- Private wells are not subject to municipal watering restrictions, but conservation is encouraged because water is a shared resource.
- Hand watering must be done using a hand-held container or a hose equipped with a shutoff device.
- Micro-irrigation and drip-irrigation consist of water delivered to the root zone of a plant, and use less than 20 gallons per hour at less than 25 PSI.
- Washing vehicles, boats, and houses (siding) must be done using a hand-held container or a hose equipped with a shutoff device.
Deep Bay Improvement District 250-757-9312 Bowser Waterworks District 250-757-8363 Qualicum Bay Horne Lake Waterworks District 250-757-8507 Little Qualicum Waterworks District 250-752-6266 Town of Qualicum Beach 250-752-6921 EPCOR French Creek 250-951-2460 City of Parksville 250-248-5412 District of Lantzville 250-390-4006 City of Nanaimo 250-758-5222 North Cedar Improvement District 250-722-3711 Southwest Extension Waterworks 250-753-5449 RDN Water Service Areas
- Decourcey (in Yellow Point)
- Nanoose Bay Peninsula
- Englishman River Community
- San Pareil
- French Creek
- Whiskey Creek
- Melrose Terrace
- Westurne Heights