Building & Bylaw ServicesCorporate Services Current PlanningDrinking Water & Watershed ProtectionEconomic DevelopmentEmergency ServicesEnergy & SustainabilityGIS/MappingLong Range PlanningParksRecreationRegional TransitSolid Waste and RecyclingWastewater ServicesWater & Utility ServicesServices by Others
What watering restrictions are in effect where you live?
Select Your Water Service Area
Note: Private wells are not subject to municipal watering restrictions, but conservation is encouraged because water is a shared resource.
2018 Watering Restrictions
- Private wells are not subject to municipal watering restrictions, but conservation is encouraged because water is a shared resource.
- Hand watering must be done using a hand-held container or a hose equipped with a shutoff device.
- Micro-irrigation and drip-irrigation consist of water delivered to the root zone of a plant, and use less than 20 gallons per hour at less than 25 PSI.
- Washing vehicles, boats, and houses (siding) must be done using a hand-held container or a hose equipped with a shutoff device.
Deep Bay Improvement District 250-757-9312 Bowser Waterworks District 250-757-8363 Qualicum Bay Horne Lake Waterworks District 250-757-8507 Little Qualicum Waterworks District 250-752-6266 Town of Qualicum Beach 250-752-6921 EPCOR French Creek 250-951-2460 City of Parksville 250-248-5412 District of Lantzville 250-390-4006 City of Nanaimo 250-758-5222 North Cedar Improvement District 250-722-3711 Southwest Extension Waterworks 250-753-5449 RDN Water Service Areas
- Decourcey (in Yellow Point)
- Nanoose Bay Peninsula
- Englishman River Community
- San Pareil
- French Creek
- Whiskey Creek
- Melrose Terrace
- Westurne Heights