General Information & Regulations
- Parks are generally open between 7am and 11pm, unless marked otherwise at a park entrance gate.
- Entrance gates at Moorecroft and Top Bridge close at 9pm (subject to earlier closure during winter months).
- Dogs are permitted in RDN Parks if kept under control by their owners.
- Dogs must be leashed at Moorecroft, Horne Lake and Descanso Bay Regional Park.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Little Qualicum River Estuary Regional Conservation Area.
Camping & Campfires
- Camping and campfires are only permitted at Descanso Bay and Horne Lake Regional Parks.
- Camping and smoking bans may be in effect during dry weather. Check for notices here.
Vehicles, E-bikes and Vessels
- ATVs, dirt bikes and other personal motorized recreational vehicles are not permitted in RDN Parks or Trails.
- Electric bikes are not considered vehicles and are permitted in RDN Parks and Trails.
- Overnight mooring of vessels (on land or water) is not permitted.
Wildlife & Our Natural Environment
- The RDN is bear and cougar country. Learn facts and tips here!
- Please respect wildlife, vegetation and other natural features in RDN Parks and Trails.
- Hunting, harvesting, salvage or disturbance of any natural feature is not permitted.
- Where garbage cans are not provided, please take out what you take in.
- A Park Use Permit may be granted for a special event or occasion within a park.
Park Use Regulations
- For safe enjoyment by all park visitors, please observe and obey signage posted at RDN Parks and Trails.
- Additional information can be found in the Park Use Regulations Bylaw No. 1399.