Environmental PolicyThe Regional District of Nanaimo's (RDN) Wastewater Services (WWS) Environmental Policy reflects the values and priorities of the RDN's Board Strategic Plan 2016-2020, Regional Growth Strategy and Liquid Waste Management Plan.
The RDN's WWS is committed to providing reliable, high quality, and cost-effective wastewater services to the people and communities we serve. We strive to optimize our treatment and re-use processes and employ state-of the art pollution prevention strategies at our facilities. In fulfillment of this commitment, it is the WWS policy:
- To do our utmost to comply with the letter and spirit of relevant environmental laws and regulations. There shall be thorough and accurate measurement and reporting of our environmental compliance.
- To prevent pollution. This includes avoiding or reducing environmental pollution produced directly from WWS operations, or indirectly by the consumption of power, fuel, chemicals, and other resources.
- To identify and monitor environmental impacts and set measurable objectives and targets to reduce those impacts on the environment.
- To foster openness and dialogue with employees and the public, and respond to their concerns about potential hazards and impacts of our operations.
- To continually improve our performance relevant to this environmental policy.
General Manager, Regional and Community Utilities
Date: 11 October 2016