- Sign Up for Emergency Alerts
The RDN uses Voyent Alert! for emergency notifications. To learn more about this, see the RDN Voyent Alert! page.
- Wildfire Safety Reminders
- It is likely smoke will be visible in surrounding areas. If it is smokey in your area, it is best to keep indoors and close your windows when possible.
- Avoid all areas near the wildfire, obey signage and give fire crews the space to work.
- The operation of any aircraft not associated with fire suppression activities (including drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)) near a wildfire is illegal. It also poses a serious threat to the safety of firefighting personnel.
- If you detect a wildfire, call 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 from your cellphone. You can also report a wildfire via the free BC Wildfire Service mobile app.