Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebate
The RDN's Home EV charging rebate offers a $150 top-up to RDN Electoral Area residents who install an eligible Level 2 home electric vehicle charging unit at their place of residence. Charging station installations must meet the requirements of the BC Hydro Power Smart Program.
- Residence must be located in an RDN Electoral Area (homeowners in Nanaimo, Lantzville, Parksville and Qualicum Beach do not qualify for this rebate)
- The installed charger must meet BC Hydro Power Smart Program requirements
- Applications are accepted from January 1, 2023, through December 15, 2023
- See the complete list of Green Building Program Terms and Conditions
Apply For Your Rebate
- digital scan/copy of the receipt for purchase and installation of the eligible EV charging station, showing paid in full, along with make/model of unit
- digital scan/copy of the electrical permit for the installation, clearly showing company name
If you already had a 240V outlet to plug your charger into, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Digital scan/copy of the receipt for purchase and installation of the eligible EV charging station, showing paid in full, along with make/model of unit
- Proof of charger internet connectivity- A screenshot of the back-end network operating system that shows that the charging stations are connected to the network
*In this application option, you’ll need to confirm that the outlet is compliant with local electrical code requirements and that a permit was obtained for its installation.
Please make sure to also include the following information in your submission
- Address of the project where the renewable energy system is installed
- Address to which your rebate cheque will be sent (if different)
Steps to Apply
1. Complete home upgrades, following eligibility requirements above.
2. Collect the required documents, listed in the table above.
3. Apply online (preferred method), or by email, mail, or in-person to the RDN.
Submit the required documents to the link below
Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing and delivery of your rebate cheque.
Other Ways to Apply
Submissions can be made to the Regional District of Nanaimo by email, mail or in person. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding statutory holidays.
1. Collect the required documents (listed above)
2. Submit documents to by email, mail or in person at the RDN Administration Building:
sustainability [at] rdn.bc.ca
EV Charger Rebate
c/o Sustainability Coordinator
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, B.C. V9T 6N2
- Additional incentives for both the purchase of electric vehicles and the installation of electric vehicle charging stations are frequently available through Plug In BC
- A location map of public EV Charging Stations can be found HERE
- Information on other rebates available through the BC Hydro Program:
- The RDN, in partnership with 11 local and regional governments, is in the process of installing 28 EV charging stations on Vancouver Island. This expands the existing network of Level 2 EV charging stations in the Nanaimo and Parksville area, as well as in communities such as Courtenay, Comox, Cumberland, Campbell River, Tofino and Ucluelet, among others. See a map of the proposed locations HERE.
sustainability [at] rdn.bc.ca