Planning Home Page


The RDN's Planning department is often the first point of contact for property owners, buyers, and developers with land use questions. If you have questions about where on your property you can erect a building, or what types of buildings or uses are allowed, the current planning team can answer your questions. The department provides zoning, development management, and planning administration services in the following six Electoral Areas:

  • Electoral Area A (Cassidy, Cedar, Yellow Point, South Wellington)
  • Electoral Area C (Extension, Arrowsmith-Benson, East Wellington, Pleasant Valley)
  • Electoral Area E (Nanoose Bay)
  • Electoral Area F (Coombs, Hilliers, Errington)
  • Electoral Area G (French Creek, Dashwood, Englishman River)
  • Electoral Area H (Shaw Hill, Qualicum Bay, Deep Bay, Bowser, Spider Lake, Horne Lake)

Please note that planning services for Electoral Area B (Gabriola, Mudge, Link and Decourcy Islands) are provided by the Islands Trust. The Islands Trust Northern office (located on Gabriola Island) can be reached at 250-247-2063.

Do you have a question for a Planner? Ask Planning

Find My Zoning