The Regional District of Nanaimo is seeking a Temporary Full-time Drinking Water & Watershed Protection Program Special Projects Assistant working with the Water Services Team.
The Drinking Water and Watershed Protection (DWWP) Program Special Projects Assistant assists with various projects and initiatives within the DWWP Program. Duties for this position may include the following:
• Assists the department staff with planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating a wide range of special projects within the Regional District of Nanaimo.
• Assists in conducting research and in preparing written reports on special projects.
• Assists in the collection of information for specific projects and inputs information into databases, as required.
• Assists in the preparation and maintenance of various departmental planning documents.
• Assists in the evaluation of collected data and assists in analyzing information and providing recommendations.
• Assists with a variety of administrative tasks as required.
• Performs other related duties, as required, which may include communication/education/outreach with members of the public or special interest groups
This is a temporary full-time Union position for up to 16 weeks, providing 35 hours per week, commencing immediately. The (2023) rate of pay is $29.02 to $30.55 per hour, Pay Band 3. The successful incumbent will be entitled to 12.4% in lieu of benefits, as provided for in the Collective Agreement between the Regional District of Nanaimo and the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 401.
Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. on June 6, 2023.