Please visit rdn.bc.ca/pandemic for more information.
RDN Facility Operations
- The RDN Solid Waste Facilities are open regular business hours, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 7 days a week, excluding statutory holidays.
- Both RDN Solid Waste Facilities are adhering to BC Public Health Orders. As such masks are mandatory in all indoor facilities, including transfer buildings.
- The two facilities accept debit and credit and the public is encouraged to use ‘tap.’ Cash will not be accepted at this time.
- Commercial traffic is being given priority at both locations.
- Please ensure social distancing when interacting with facility staff.
Curbside Collection Service
To protect collection and facility workers, please bag and dispose the following items into your garbage cart:
- Single-use face masks
- Disposable gloves
- Sanitary wipes (even those labelled flushable/compostable)
How It Works
The RDN curbside collection service is provided to all RDN residential single family dwellings in the following communities:
- Area A - Cedar, South Wellington, Yellowpoint, Cassidy
- Area B - Gabriola Island
- Area C - Extension, Nanaimo Lakes, East Wellington, Pleasant Valley
- Area E - Nanoose Bay
- Area F - Coombs, Hilliers, Errington, Whiskey Creek, Meadowood
- Area G - Englishman River, San Pareil, French Creek, Little Qualicum, Dashwood
- Area H - Bowser, Qualicum Bay, Deep Bay
- District of Lantzville
- City of Parksville
- Town of Qualicum Beach
- Snaw-Naw-As First Nation
Single family dwellings within the City of Nanaimo receive curbside collection service from the municipality, and not the RDN.
What Goes Where
For detailed information on acceptable materials and which items go in which cart, please refer to the What Goes Where guide.
Unsure of where an item should go? Use the What Goes Where lookup tool to search hundreds of items.
To report a missed collection, please call Waste Connections of Canada at 250-248-8109 or toll-free at 1-866-999-8227.