- Additional precautions have been put in place to protect the collection drivers:
- All garbage must be bagged and securely tied, including all paper towels, tissues, toilet paper, face masks, gloves, and disposable sanitary wipes (flushable and compostable) - these items cannot be disposed of in your recycling nor food waste containers.
- If someone in your household is sick, double-bag and securely tie all personal waste.
- Waste that does not adhere to the above guidelines will be LEFT BEHIND, NO EXCEPTIONS.
To stay updated on all departments visit www.rdn.bc.ca/pandemic.
How It Works
The RDN curbside collection service is provided to all RDN residential single family dwellings in the following communities (with the exception of City of Nanaimo residents who are serviced by City of Nanaimo Public Works):
- Area A - Cassidy, Cedar, Yellowpoint, South Wellington
- Area B - Gabriola
- Area C - Extension, Arrowsmith-Benson, East Wellington, Pleasant Valley
- Area E - Nanoose Bay
- Area F - Coombs, Hilliers, Errington
- Area G - French Creek, Dashwood, Englishman River
- Area H - Shaw Hill, Qualicum Bay, Deep Bay, Bowser
- District of Lantzville
- City of Parksville
- Town of Qualicum Beach
- Snaw-Naw-As First Nation
Automated Curbside Collection
On October 2020, the RDN their new automated curbside collection service - a cleaner, safer and smarter way to collect waste.
Collection is the same as the 2020/2021 collection schedule. Click here to check your schedule.
- Food waste is collected weekly in your food waste cart;
- Garbage is collected every two weeks in your garbage cart, alternating weeks with your recycling; and
- Recycling is collected every two weeks in your recycling cart, alternating weeks with your garbage.
Collection Cart Delivery
For more information regarding the carts, the new service, billing and much more click here to access the FAQ.
What Goes Where
For detailed information on acceptable materials and which items go in which cart, please refer to the What Goes Where guide.
Unsure of where an item should go? Use the What Goes Where lookup tool to search hundreds of items.
To report a missed collection or for other service questions, please call Waste Connections of Canada at 250-248-8109 or toll-free at 1-866-999-8227.