Welcome to RDN WaterMapan Interactive Map and Water Resource Information System
Please read the following and then click on the link below to open the RDN WaterMap
Quick Tips for Map Users
- When you enter the map, click the black triangle on the top left corner of the map to display the legend that shows which layers of information you can turn on or turn off. This includes information on:
- Watersheds and Aquifers
- Water Supply
- Water Monitoring Locations
- Check the box and a check mark will appear to indicate a layer is turned on and visible.
- The little black arrows in the layer list shows that there are more items in that category, so click to reveal more. The legend shows what symbols are used for each item, for ease of recognition in the map.
- Hover your mouse over an item in the legend (layer list) to reveal the full text name.
- Use the ‚Äėi‚Äô or ‚Äėidentify‚Äô tool on the right hand tool bar when you want to select an item on the map and learn more details. Cross- reference the legend to see what symbols represent what information. Once you click the ‚Äėi‚Äô tool, use the drop down menu ‚ÄúAttribute Details For‚ÄĚ to select your layer of interest.
If you have further questions about the WaterMap and how to navigate or interpret the information you retrieve, please contact the Drinking Water and Watershed Protection Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-390-6560.
- The information delivered on this interactive mapping web site ( "RDN WaterMap" ) is provided as a public service by the Regional District of Nanaimo ( "Regional District" ) under the following terms and conditions.
- The Information will be used only for the User's personal or internal business purposes and the user must not resell, sub-license, or otherwise reproduce, publish or disseminate the information for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the Regional District.
- RDN WaterMap is supplied on an "as is, where is" basis. The Regional District assumes no obligation or liability for the use of RDN WaterMap by any person and makes no representations or promises regarding the completeness or accuracy of RDN WaterMap or its fitness for a particular purpose. RDN WaterMap may contain errors. RDN WaterMap represents a one-time capture of information as it exists at the time the information is transferred to RDN WaterMap and does not necessarily include the ongoing updates or corrections to the source databases maintained by the Regional District or other agencies.
- All rights, titles and interest (including all copyrights, patents, and other intellectual property rights) in RDN WaterMap remain vested in the Regional District at all times. The Regional District's original copyright and other proprietory notices included with RDN WaterMap must remain intact at all times.
- If there is a conflict between the information on RDN WaterMap and information contained in any other records of the Regional District, the Regional District reserves the right to rely in all cases upon the record which it considers to be the most accurate and complete.
Enter the Interactive Water Map
[Please Note: Cookies must be Enabled]