Home Energy Assessment< Return to Rebates While incentives last, home owners can access a $150 rebate when obtaining a home energy assessment that results in an EnerGuide rating for the home, regardless of the actual rating. In addition to the $150 rebate, homeowners who improve the EnerGuide rating for their home can apply for an additional incentive to a maximum of $200 with a copy of the follow-up home energy assessment report. This program enables home owners in RDN Electoral Areas and the District of Lantzville to save money while taking steps to reduce energy consumption in their home. Residence of the City of Nanaimo please Click Here.
How to Receive Your RebateThere are two Home Energy Assessment incentive types available to residents:
|$150 Initial Home Energy Assessment incentive||A $150 incentive is available to residents who have an initial Home Energy Assessment conducted by a certified energy advisor. The completed application must be submitted to the RDN within the 12 month period after the date shown on the receipt||
|Follow-up Home Energy Assessment incentive||Follow-up Assessments are eligible for $10 per point increase in the EnerGuide rating 0-100 scale, or per 5 GJ/year reduction in the new EnerGuide rating Gigajoules per Year scale, to a maximum of $200.||
Make sure to include the following information in your submission:
- Name of purchaser/homeowner
- Address of the project where the assessment is conducted
- Address to which your rebate cheque will be sent (if different)
Home Energy Assessment RebateBelow is a list of companies that provide home energy assessment service in the Region. This list is for information only and is not intended as an endorsement by the RDN. If your company provides home energy assessment service but is not listed here, please contact the RDN Sustainability Coordinator at 250-390-6510.
c/o Sustainability Coordinator
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6N2
- Hometech Energy Solutions Ltd. Tel: 1-866-561-0708
- VerdaTech Energy Management & Consulting Inc. Tel: 1-866-241-6804 or 250-714-2274
- Grok Energy Services Tel:1-866-629-6661
- City Green Solutions: 1-866-381-9995
- EnerTech Solutions Ltd, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 250-896-1421
- Bruce Gray, www.energyadvisor.pro Phone: 250-740-5791
Terms & ConditionsSee the complete list of Green Building Program Terms and Conditions.
- Natural Resources Canada: An EnerGuide Home Evaluation
- Home Energy Rebate Offer (HERO) from BC Hydro and FortisBC
For More Information:email@example.com
250-390-6510 or 1-877-607-4111