Descanso Bay Regional Park
Reservations and Information:Reservations can be made beginning May 1st at www.descansobaypark.com. For special inquiries please email email@example.com or call 250-247-8255
Daily Rates - High Season (May 1 - September 30)
- Reservations recommended
- Reserved Sites: $20.00 per night (includes $3.00 non-refundable reservation fee) + tax
- Unreserved sites: $17.00 per night + tax
- Extra vehicle: $8.50 per night + tax
Daily Rates - Low Season (October 1 - April 30)
- Reserved Sites: $13.00 per night (includes $3.00 non-refundable reservation fee) + tax
- Unreserved sites: $10.00 per night + tax
- Extra vehicle: $5.00 per night + tax
Non-profit youth group camping bookingsPlease call 250-247-8255 for availability.
- Site Occupancy - maximum 4 adults (18 years and over) per site (8 people total). Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Vehicle Parking - maximum 1 vehicle per site. For example one vehicle with a trailer/RV or 1 vehicle with 2 tents.
- Reservations guarantee a campsite but, best efforts aside, not necessarily your choice of campsite.
- Dogs must be on leash including at campsites. Please pick up after your dog; deposit doggie-do bags into garbage dumpster.
- Quiet time is enforced from 10 pm to 7 am. Generator run times are restricted to mid-day. At no time are disturbances accepted.
- Alcohol is restricted to campsites; disruptive behaviour is not tolerated.
- Campfires are permitted in campsite fire rings only. Please do not leave fires unattended, and do not cut or remove any underbrush, branches, shrubs or trees for use in a fire or for roasting food. Firewood may be purchased at the park. Please check here to see if a campfire ban is in place.
- Potable water is available throughout the park. Please do not wash at the water taps, leave taps running or waste water. NB: the sodium levels in the park water are higher than those recommended in the Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines for persons on a severely sodium-restricted diet. For the average person, sodium levels are well within acceptable limits.
- Park flora and fauna are protected. Please leave the trees, plants, flowers, sea weed and shells as they are: they are not surplus but each performing an important role in the park's ecosystem.
Guided Kayak Tours and Kids Kayaking Camp - 2018From June 30th - September 3rd guided tours and kids kayaking camps will be offered out of Descanso Bay Regional Park.
Kids camps are for all ages/abilities ($30/session). Guided Tours are family friendly, informative and fun ($60/session)! All equipment is provided.
- No experience necessary! Guides will teach you all you need to know.
- Click here to register
- Daily drop-ins ok, including for kids camps (space permitting). Must arrive 15 minutes in advance to register.
- Cancelled if wind is +20 knots. To confirm if programs are on: 250- 247-8939; text 250-714-9878
Park Use Regulation
Descanso Bay Regional Park is governed by RDN Park Use Regulation Bylaws 1399 and 1399.01. Click here to view and print a copy of the Bylaws.
Park Use Permits
A permit is required for special use of a Regional District of Nanaimo Park. Special uses include but are not limited to events, commercial recreation, filming and research. Click here to view the Park Use Permit Application Form.
Water System Annual Reports
- 2017 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2016 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2015 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2014 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2013 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2012 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- 2011 Water System Annual Report for Descanso Bay Regional Park
- Emergency Response Plan