Publications & Reports
- Agricultural Area Plan, August 2012 as adopted by the Board on October 23, 2012
- Reports to the Board
- Background Report This report provides historical and statistical agricultural data for the RDN to inform the Plan.
- Public Consultation Summary Report
- October 24, 2012 - RDN Adopts Agricultural Area Plan
- May 10, 2012 - Draft Agricultural Area Plan Survey Launch
- October 18, 2011 - Agricultural Area Plan Open Houses
- August 12, 2011 - Agricultural Area Plan to Launch in Regional District of Nanaimo
Videos - Agriculture in Action in your RegionThis three-part video series highlights local food production in the Nanaimo region and tells the story of how our food gets from farm to plate. The goal is to raise awareness about the connections between growers/producers and eaters, and to promote conversation about local agriculture in consideration of:
- The barriers to local agriculture/aquaculture in the Nanaimo region;
- The opportunities for agriculture/aquaculture;
- The community's vision for agriculture/aquaculture;
- The role of local government in supporting local agriculture/aquaculture.