Reliable Information Sources
Information on the Government of Canada and Province of British Columbia supports available:
For a full list of supports go to the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information page.
Reliable Health Information sources:
- BCCDC COVID-19 Information
- BCCDC Exposures page
- Island Health Exposures page
- Island Health
- HealthlinkBC or call 8-1-1
- Public Health Agency of Canada or call 1-833-784-4397
- Ministry of Health Joint Statements and News Releases
- Minister of Health and Provincial health Officer daily updates live stream Facebook page.
- BC Public Health Officer - Orders, Notices, Guidance and Letters
- Island Health Medical Health Officer - Orders
- BC COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool and App
- List of COVID-19 Essential Services
- Non-medical Masks and Face Coverings
- BCCDC COVID-19 Dashboard
BC Restart Plan and Workplace Supports:
- Tools and strategies for safer operations
- BC Restart Plan
- BC COVID-19 Go-Forward Management Strategy
- BC COVID-19 Go-Forward Management Checklist
- BC Parks, Sites and In Class Learning Backgrounder
- WorkSafe BC Support for workplaces
- WorkSafe BC COVID Safety Plan Template
- BC Tourism Resiliency Network
- BC Agri-Business Planning Program - support for producers and food processors
COVID-19 Community Resources:
- www.bc211.ca - Senior Support, Volunteer Registration and Community Services Information.
- Oceanside Community Safety - Keeping in Touch Program for Seniors
- Gabriola Island People for a Healthy Community - Neighbours Helping Neighbours Program
- Virtual Mental Health Supports During COVID-19 - Free Online Mental Health Supports
- BC Restaurant and Food Services Association
- Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce
- Gabriola Island Chamber of Commerce
- Parksville Chamber of Commerce - includes list of business services available in Oceanside.
- Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Parksville Restaurants and Qualicum Beach Restaurants Directory
- Nanaimo Things That Are Open - Initiative to help businesses communicate that they are open.
- Oceanside Things That Are Open - Initiative to help businesses communicate that they are open.
- Small Business Resources
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Instructions for isolating in the home or co-living setting
- Enhanced Digital Library Services
- Showcase BC - Online hub brings live performances, entertainment and content to British Columbians.
- Vancouver Island Regional Library Takeout Service - takeout service starting in some locations during the week of June 1.
Financial Support Information:
For a full list of financial support information go to the COVID-19 Provincial and Federal Benefits page.
- BC Emergency Benefits for Workers
- Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan list of financial supports for businesses, individuals, and industries.
- ICBC payment deferral
- BC and Canada Student Loans
- Climate Action Tax Credit
- Support for Businesses in BC
Information For Parents, Educators and Caregivers:
- COVID-19 Return to School
- WE-Well-being Program - Empowers youth, educators and families with tools and resources to promote well-being.
- EASE at Home - for Parents and Caregivers
- Child Care Supports
- Request Temporary Emergency Child Care
- Keep Learning BC - Central place where families can find ideas for everyday educational activities.
- ERASE - expect respect and a safe education
- Safe and Health Schools
- Child & Youth Mental Health Walk-in Intake Clinics
- Here2Talk - connects post-secondary students with mental health support when they need it.
- LGBTQ2S+ student supports
How to support the COVID-19 Response:
- Stay Active, Stay Apart Poster
- Open Fire Regulations Poster
- COVID-19 Prevention Poster
- Physical Distancing Poster
- Hand Washing Poster
- Cleaning and Disinfectants for Public Settings
- How to Use a Mask Poster
Other Helpful Information Sources:
- Open Burning Smoke Control Regulation
- Fire Bans and Restrictions
- BC Housing - support for renters, community housing sector, housing providers, homeless and transitional housing service providers.
- Safe spaces for people leaving violence
- Returning Travelers and Self-Isolation Plan
- Provincial Parks COVID-19 response
- BC COVID-19 Action Plan
- Medical Services Plan Response to COVID-19
- Framework for Emergency Response Centres
- Consumer Protection BC - report price gauging and reselling
- Ministry of Attorney General Response to COVID-19
- BC Arts Council Response to COVID-19
- WorkSafe BC COVID-19 Information and Resources
- Meals and Facility Availability for Truckers
For a full list of Orders, Guidance, Notices and Letters go to the Public Health Officer's page.
- K-12 School Settings Guidance
- Summer Day Camp Settings Guidance
- Swimming Pool Guidance
- Emergency Evacuee Guidance
- Wildfire Smoke and COVID-19 Guidance
- Hotel Sector Guidance
- Social Service Providers Guidance
- Farm and Farm Workers Guidance
- Faith-Based Organizations Guidance
- Compliance and Enforcement Guidance
- Industrial Camps Guidance
- BC Tourism Industry Guidance
- Support for Commercial Truck Drivers
- Essential Workers Returning to BC Guidance
- Provincial Information and Support Officers Guidance
- Retail Food and Grocery Stores Guidance
- Manufacturing Guidance
- Construction Sites Guidance
- Silviculture Sector Guidance
- Industrial Camps Guidance
- Child Care Setting Guidance
- Natural Resource Sector Guidance
- Island Health Gyms and Fitness Centres Guidance