Special Event PermitsA variety of special events take place throughout the year in RDN Electoral Areas, such as family fairs, music festivals, and sports competitions.
An RDN Special Event Permit is required for events or gatherings in RDN Electoral Areas at which the attendance is likely to exceed 500 persons.
In addition to the completed application form, with consent of the registered land owner, the following materials must be provided:
- Written approval from the local medical health officer (Ministry of Health).
- Written approval from the local fire department.
- Written approval from the local RCMP detachment.
- Security deposit (if required by RCMP).
- Confirmation of BC Special Event Permit Application (if serving alcohol at the special event).
If your event includes alcohol served, you will also require a BC Special Event Permit.
If your event requires roadway signage, or use of a roadway, you may also require a Ministry of Transportation Permit.
Feel free to contact the RDN if you have any questions about permits required for your upcoming event.
Regional District of Nanaimo
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6N2
Toll Free: 1-877-607-4111
Fax: 250-390-4163 (if faxing please call or email to confirm)