Development Cost Charges (DCCs)
The Regional District of Nanaimo operates 9 Water Service Areas and 6 Sewer Service Areas. The boundaries of each service area delineate the properties that will be charged for capital improvements, maintenance, and operation of the system.
Water and sewer Development Cost Charges (DCCs) are imposed where the development of a property will place an increased burden on the existing water/sewer infrastructure, such as a subdivision with new lots being created, or a multi-family development where several apartments or condos will be built on one single lot.
Development Cost Charges have been set in place for the following areas of the RDN, and in some cases, more than one DCC bylaw is applicable. To find out if your project is eligible for a sewer DCC reduction, please refer to Bylaw No. 1577 (below). For Parks DCCs, please click here.
Development Cost Charges
- Nanoose Bay Peninsula Water DCC Bylaw No. 1715
- Fairwinds - Nanoose Bay Sewer DCC Bylaw No. 1443
- Northern Wastewater Treatment (French Creek, Parksville, Qualicum Beach) DCC Bylaw No. 1442
- Southern Wastewater Treatment (Nanaimo, Lantzville) DCC Bylaw No. 1547
- Duke Point Sewer (Cedar) DCC Bylaw No. 1498
- Barclay Crescent Sewer (French Creek Area) DCC Bylaw No. 1557
- Not-for-Profit Housing Sewer DCC Reduction Bylaw No. 1577
- RDN Parks DCCs
Amendments to the DCC bylaws are made from time to time. The copies available on this webpage are provided for convenience purposes only. Please contact the RDN at rcu [at] rdn.bc.ca to confirm if a new or updated bylaw is available or if you have any questions about whether the DCC bylaws apply to your project.