Garbage Collection Frequency
Garbage is collected every two weeks, alternating weeks with recycling collection.
Waste not accepted for garbage collection include:
- Oversize items exceeding two feet in any dimension
- Highly flammable materials, hazardous wastes, containers of liquids such as cooking oil or motor oil
- Products such as batteries, paint, pesticides, and electronic equipment collected at depots
- Grass clippings, yard and garden waste
- Food waste (place in the food waste cart)
- Construction or renovation waste
Unsure of where an item should go? Use the What Goes Where look up tool to search hundreds of items.
Automated Curbside Collection
How to Use Your Garbage Cart (grey lid)
This short video illustrates how the garbage carts are to be used.