Street LightingTO REPORT A STREETLIGHT OUTAGE, please call 1-877-607-4111, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the location/description of the streetlight outage. Streetlight repairs typically take 1-2 weeks from the date reported.
Currently within the RDN there are 7 different streetlighting local service areas.
- Bylaw 789, Fairwinds streetlighting
- Bylaw 869.01, Morningstar streetlighting
- Bylaw 909, Sandpiper streetlighting
- Bylaw 1062, French Creek Village streetlighting
- Bylaw 791, French Creek/Nanoose rural streetlighting
- Bylaw 1048, Highway 4 Intersection streetlighting
- Bylaw 1353, Englishman River streetlighting
There are only two types of streetlights within the RDN streetlighting local service areas. There is the most common cobra-head streetlights that you see attached to hydro poles and there are several different styles of ornamental streetlights which are independent, free-standing and serviced through underground wiring in newer subdivisions.
The RDN has a contract with a electrical contractor to maintain and repair all the ornamental streetlights within its local services areas. BC Hydro looks after the repair and maintenance of all other streetlights, but the work order must come from the municipality in which the light resides.