Referendum - Bylaw 1706
Northern Community Marine Search and Rescue Contribution ServiceIn 2014 local elections, qualified electors in Electoral Area 'H' will vote in a referendum for establishing a service, to provide annual funds for search and rescue in Electoral Area 'H'.
The following referendum question will be included on ballots:
"Are you in favour of the Regional District of Nanaimo adopting Bylaw No. 1706 to provide for the following:
- establishing the "Northern Community Marine Search and Rescue Contribution Service" within Electoral Area 'H' to provide for a contribution to societies providing marine search and rescue in Electoral Area 'H'; and
- annually requisitioning up to a maximum of the greater of $5,000 or $0.006/$1000 of taxable assessed value to pay for the service?"
- Staff report - Bylaw 1706
- Notice of Assent Voting
- Advance Voting Opportunities
- General Voting Day Opportunities - November 15, 2014