Candidate Information SessionOn October 20, 2018 Regional District of Nanaimo (RDN) voters will elect one Director from each of the seven Electoral Areas; A, B, C, E, F, G and H. Voters from the Regional District of Nanaimo's municipal partners; City of Nanaimo, City of Parksville, District of Lantzville and the Town of Qualicum Beach, will elect a new Council. Twelve Council members from the newly elected municipal partners will be appointed as a Director to the Regional District of Nanaimo's Board where they will contribute to the region as a whole.
If you are thinking about running for office, this is a good opportunity to learn about what it's like to be an elected official and being on the RDN Board.
Hosted by the Regional District of Nanaimo's election staff, the session will cover the duties and time commitments of municipal and rural elected officials, as well as important details of the election process. Current elected officials will be in attendance to share their insights.
Candidate Information Session
July 23, 2018 at 7pmThe session will cover:
Board Chamber, 6300 Hammond Bay Road
- Overview of the Regional District of Nanaimo
- Roles and responsibilities of elected officials
- Rules governing the Board
- Board Committees
- Important details about the 2018 election process
- 18 years of age or older on voting day
- A Canadian citizen
- A BC resident for six months before your nomination
- Someone not disqualified by the Local Government Act or any other enactment from being nominated for, being elected to or holding the office, or be otherwise disqualified by law
For additional candidate information please visit: rdn.bc.ca/2018elections_candidate-info.