NOTICE OF ASSENT VOTINGPUBLIC NOTICE is given to the electors of Electoral Area ‘B’ of the Regional District of Nanaimo that assent voting will be held on the following question:
"Are you in favour of the Regional District of Nanaimo adopting Bylaw No. 1734 to provide for the following:
- establishing the "Transit Contribution Service" within Electoral Area 'B' to provide for a contribution towards a system of public transit in Electoral Area 'B'; and
- annually requisitioning up to a maximum of the greater of $250,000 or $0.25 per $1,000 of net taxable value of land and improvements to pay for the service?"
|GENERAL VOTING:||Saturday, February 13, 2016 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm at the following location:
|ADVANCE VOTING:||Wednesday, February 3, 2016 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm at the following location:
- 18 years of age or older on general voting day;
- Canadian citizen;
- resident of BC for at least 6 months immediately before the day of registration;
- resident of OR registered owner of real property in the electoral area for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration; and
- not disqualified under any enactment from voting in an election or otherwise disqualified by law.
In order to register, non-resident property electors must produce 2 pieces of identification (at least one with a signature) to prove identity, proof that they are entitled to register in relation to the property, and, if there is more than one owner, written consent from the majority of property owners.
Note: Non-resident property electors no longer need a Property Elector Certificate to register to vote."Bylaw No. 1734 – "Gabriola Island Transit Contribution Service Establishment Bylaw No. 1734, 2015" — This bylaw provides for the following:
- establishing a service to provide for a contribution towards a system of public transit in Electoral Area 'B';
- establishing the boundaries of the service area to be Electoral Area 'B'; and
- annually requisitioning up to a maximum of the greater of $250,000 or $0.25 per $1,000 of net taxable value of land and improvements in the service area to pay for the service."
For further information on the bylaw or the voting process, contact the Chief Election Officer, Jacquie Hill, or the Deputy Chief Election Officer, Matt O’Halloran at 250-390-4111, toll free at 1-877-607-4111, or email at vote [at] rdn.bc.ca.
Chief Election Officer