Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I come swimming?
- View the swim schedule online for swim descriptions and times.
- What swim level do I register my child in?
We have transitioned to the Lifesaving Society Swim for Life program. The swimming lessons may have a new name but will still have the same goal of teaching solid swimming strokes and skills and valuable water smart lessons.
What swim level do I register my child in?
If your child has taken swim lessons before, you can find out the last level completed by:
- Checking your account online. The last level your child completed will be recorded in My Account/Activity Program Graded List.
- Calling us at 250-248-3252 or 250-752-5014 our staff will be happy to look this up for you.
If you are still unsure or just starting lessons.
- 0-2 years register in parent and tot lessons.
- Preschool, ages 3-5 years start in Preschool 1.
- Children ages 5 years+ start in Swimmer 1.
If your child has been swimming and is confident in the water, visit our pool during an Everyone Welcome session and ask our staff to recommend the right swim level for your child.
If a swim lesson is full and you are not able to register, please add your name to the waitlist. If staffing levels increase classes will be added and those on the waitlist will be prioritized.
- What can I expect when I arrive for a swim session at Ravensong Aquatic Centre?
- All persons with open sores, bandages, head colds, discharging ears, noses or infected eyes are not permitted in the pool area.
- Children seven years of age and under, or under four feet tall, must be accompanied in the water and within arms-reach of a parent or guardian (16 years of age or older) at all times.
- A maximum ratio of three children seven years of age or under, or under four feet tall, per each adult.
- What changerooms are available?
- Four universal family private change rooms (three with washrooms).
- One female changeroom.
- One male changeroom.
- Are the showers, sauna, steam room or hot tub open?
Yes, the showers, sauna, steam room, and hot tub are open for drop-in.
View the hot spot schedule for available times online.
- How is the swimming pool water cleaned?
Pool water is filtered and treated with: ultra violet light, chlorine tablets and sand filtration.
By law, the main pool water is re-circulated through this system in its entirety at least once every 6 hours
- Will there be any chlorine in the swimming pool water?
Yes, by law, all BC swimming pools must be disinfected with a minimum of .5 ppm chlorine. We have chosen a tablet chlorination system. Tablet chlorination systems accurately and safely deliver chlorine to water systems. Calcium hypochlorite tablets are an attractive alternative to chlorine gas or liquid chlorine solutions because it is a dry form of chlorine that offers several handling advantages.
- What water temperatures are the three Ravensong pools set at?
- 25 metre lane pool 28.3 C or 83.5 F
- Leisure pool 34.5 C or 94 F
- Whirl pool 39 C or 102 F
- What type of Saunas are there at Ravensong Aquatic Centre?
Ravensong Aquatic Centre has both a steam sauna and a dry infrared sauna.
- What community groups or clubs participate in programs at Ravensong Aquatic Center?
Ravensong Aquatic Club (Breakers) - email breakerregistrar [at] gmail.com
Ravensong Water Dancers Synchro Club - ravensongwaterdancers.ca
Masters Swim Club - email cu.at.the.pool [at] gmail.com
If you have any questions, please Contact us and we will be more than happy to help you.