Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any swim times for families and/or children?
Yes, Family Swims, Leisure Swims, Swim Lessons, and Everyone Welcome Swims are available. Private rentals are also available on Saturdays. View the drop-in swim schedule online.
- What can I expect when I arrive for a swim session at Ravensong Aquatic Centre?
Patrons must not enter if they suspect they have COVID-19 or if they have any of the known COVID-19 symptoms, or have been asked to self-isolate by Public Health.
- Lockers and changerooms are now available. Please leave belongings in the changeroom and secure valuables in a locker.
- One washroom is open for public use when the facility is open.
In alignment with the Public Health Order masks continue to be mandatory indoors for those 5 years and older. Masks are mandatory in all dry floor areas i.e. change rooms, lobby
Proof of Vaccination (PoV) (2 doses) for ages 12 and older and both PoV and valid picture identification for adults 19 years and older will be required prior to entry at Ravensong Aquatic Centre and for participation in all aquatic activities.
- Are the sauna, steam room or hot tub open?
Yes, the sauna, steam room, and hot tub are open for drop-in.
View the swim and skates schedules online.
- How is the swimming pool water cleaned?
Pool water is: filtered treated by Ultra Violet light
By law, the main pool water is re-circulated through this system in its entirety at least once every 6 hours.
- treated with chlorine and sent back to the swimming pool.
- What is UV?
Ultraviolet (UV) light is at the invisible, violet end of the light spectrum. Ultraviolet purification uses a UV light source enclosed in a protective transparent sleeve.
- Why is Ultraviolet light with Chlorine tablets used to treat the swimming pool water?
- UV is compact and easy to incorporate.
- UV will noticeably improve the air and water quality by reducing chloramines.
- Almost every bacteria and virus is easily disinfected with UV.
- Chlorine tablets are selected because of their lower capital costs, accuracy, reliability, safe handling, and maintenance benefits.
- Will there be any chlorine in the swimming pool water?
Yes, by law, all BC swimming pools must be disinfected with a minimum of .5 ppm chlorine. We have chosen a tablet chlorination system.
- What is a tablet chlorination system?
Tablet chlorination systems accurately and safely deliver chlorine to water systems. Calcium hypochlorite tablets are an attractive alternative to chlorine gas or liquid chlorine solutions because it is a dry form of chlorine that offers several handling advantages.
- How does ultraviolet light disinfect the water?
UV rays penetrate harmful bacteria and viruses in the water, destroying their ability to reproduce. It is a simple but very effective process, with the system destroying 99.9% of harmful micro-organisms.
- What are Chloramines?
Chloramines or combined chlorine are the results of chlorine and bathers interacting. They off-gas into the air; they are corrosive to the building and humans. Controlling chloramines will reduce odor and irritation; making the environment healthier and more enjoyable.
- What water temperatures are the three Ravensong pools set at?
- 25 metre lane pool 28.3 C or 83.5 F
- Leisure pool 34.5 C or 94 F
- Whirl pool 39 C or 102 F
- What type of Saunas are there at Ravensong Aquatic Centre?
Ravensong Aquatic Centre has both a steam sauna and a dry infrared sauna.
- What community groups or clubs participate in programs at Ravensong Aquatic Center?
Ravensong Aquatic Club (Breakers) - email breakerregistrar [at] gmail.com
Ravensong Water Dancers Synchro Club - ravensongwaterdancers.ca
Masters Swim Club - www.msabc.ca
If you have any questions, please Contact us and we will be more than happy to help you.