Invitation To Tender
Regional District of Nanaimo
The Project consists of the replacement of freestanding water tanks at the Coombs-Hilliers Fire Department. The works include replacing two existing steel water tanks with three new fiberglass water tanks, complete with a diesel pump package and associated miscellaneous construction. A summary of the works includes the following:
Coombs-Hilliers Firehall Water Tanks Replacement
- Removal, salvage and relocation on property of two existing 12,000-gallon steel water tanks
- Construction of reinforced concrete tank foundations and installation of seismic restraints
- Supply and installation of inter-tank connection piping
- Supply, installation, and commissioning of diesel-powered pump package and concrete pad
- Supply and installation of underground piping
- Supply and installation of fire hydrant
- Reconnection of existing fill and monitoring controls
- Supply and installation of pipe insulation and freeze protection lines
- Coombs-Hilliers Firehall Water Tanks Replacement
Filename File Size (mb) Modified Coombs-Hilliers Firehall Water Tanks Replacement - Addendum #3 0.72 MB Oct 23, 2018 Coombs-Hilliers Firehall Water Tanks Replacement - Addendum #2 0.71 MB Oct 15, 2018 Coombs-Hilliers Firehall Water Tanks Replacement - Addendum #1 2.35 MB Oct 10, 2018 Tender Drawings 1.25 MB Oct 10, 2018 Coombs-Hilliers Firehall Tender Document 13.08 MB Sep 20, 2018
Sealed tenders, clearly marked "Attention: RDN Coombs-Hilliers Firehall Water Tanks Replacement" will be received at the Regional District of Nanaimo offices, located at 6300 Hammond Bay Road, Nanaimo, BC V9T 6N2 up to 2:00 pm on October 25, 2018.
Each Tender Form received from a Bidder must be accompanied by a Bid Bond in the amount equal to ten percent (10%) of the total amount of tender.
A non-mandatory site visit for Contractors is scheduled for 3 pm on September 27, 2018. The meeting place for the site visit will be the Coombs-Hilliers Firehall at 3241 Alberni Highway, Coombs, BC.
Direct all queries to: Charles Ramos, P.Eng., Cascara Consulting Engineers Limited 206-335 Wesley Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 2T5; Phone 250-734-3244; Fax 250-751-8559; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bids submitted will be deemed irrevocable and will remain unchanged for a period of 60 days after closing date. The owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids received.