The Board of the Regional District of Nanaimo is now accepting applications for nominations to the Nanaimo Airport Commission.
Residents of the region who are interested in volunteering their time to sit as a regional representative on the Nanaimo Airport Commission and who possess the qualifications and experience as listed below, are invited to submit an application.
A Director must meet the following bylaw requirements:
- The nominee is not a political leader or a similar person who is excluded by Bylaw 2.2(c) which states that s/he is NOT a person holding Federal, Provincial or Municipally elected office;
- The nominee is not excluded by Bylaw 2.2(d) which states that s/he shall not be employed by or providing full time services to any Federal, Provincial or Municipal department, agency or any corporation owned by the same governments;
- The nominee is not excluded by the remaining sections of 2.2(e), (f) or (g) (currently bankrupt, criminal conviction related to employment, etc.);
- The nominee must be a resident within a 50-mile radius of the Nanaimo Airport;
- The nominee must be a Canadian citizen.
The ideal nominee will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with executive leadership accomplishments in business, community organizations and/or government;
- Understanding our community and the role of the Nanaimo Airport;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, ability to build consensus among diverse individuals, someone who listens well and is thoughtful in considering issues;
- Willingness to commit time for Board meetings, committee meetings, planning sessions, special events
Please feel free to contact staff for additional information
Regional District of Nanaimo
6300 Hammond Bay Road
250-390-4111 or toll free at 1-877-607-4111