Advance Voting Reminder2003 Descanso Bay Emergency Wharf Referendum
ADVANCE VOTING OPPORTUNITIES
ADVANCE VOTING - WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 22 & 29, 2003
On Saturday, November 1, 2003, residents of Electoral Area 'B' (Gabriola and Surrounding Islands) will be asked to vote on "Descanso Bay Wharf Service Bylaw No. 1357, 2003".
Voters owning property or residing within Electoral Area 'B' will be asked if they are in favour of Bylaw No. 1357, which if approved, would authorize the creation of a service for the establishment, construction, operation and maintenance of emergency evacuation wharf facilities at Descanso Bay in Electoral Area 'B' (Gabriola Island).
Advance voting opportunities will be held on Wednesday, October 22nd and Wednesday, October 29th, 2003, between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm to qualified electors of the designated area at:
|Electoral Area||Voting Place||Location|
|Electoral Area 'B'
(Gabriola and Surrounding Islands)
Elementary School Library
|680 North Road
Gabriola Island, BC
In order for persons to vote at an advance voting opportunity, a qualified elector must sign a statement that:
- the elector expects to be absent from the Regional District of Nanaimo for which the election is going to be held on General Voting Day (November 1, 2003),
- or the elector, for reasons of conscience, will be unable to vote on General Voting Day,
- or the elector will be unable to attend a Voting Place on General Voting Day for reasons beyond his/her control,
- or the elector has a physical disability or is a person whose mobility is impaired,
- or the elector is an Election Official.